For a lot of albums, this year will mark 10 years since their release. 2007 was without a doubt a MIGHTY FINE year for music and you can thank the likes of Architects, Parkway and Enter Shikari for that…
Unashamedly we do often revisit the majority of these albums on a near enough regular basis, so we kinda like to think we’re celebrating the fine quality music all the time. We’d be interested to know what your old but gold 10 year old albums are… no doubt we’ll surely have a few in common!
1. Parkway Drive – HORIZONS (6th October 2007)
No.1 on our list from one of our favourite bands – We definitely revisit Parkway Drive’s older records an unhealthy amount but who’s counting
who the hell cares when HORIZONS is and forever will remain as one of the best metalcore albums ever created. If you disagree then please leave via the nearest exit 😉
2. A Day To Remember – FOR THOSE WHO HAVE HEART (22nd January 2007)
‘The Plot to Bomb the Panhandle’ was the first ever ADTR song we heard, ever since we’ve been in awe of what this band have put out into the world. FOR THOSE WHO HAVE HEART truly is one hell of an album, especially when we’ve zero bad words to say about it from start to finish.
3. All Time Low – SO WRONG, IT’S RIGHT (25th September 2007)
Just like Alex Gaskarth and co., this album has aged beautifully. It might not be a commercially crisp sounding as their newer releases, but for us it’s their albums such as SO WRONG, IT’S RIGHT & NOTHING PERSONAL that really capture the era of ATL we really favour.
4. Paramore – RIOT! (12th June 2007)
For sure the album that catapulted Paramore into the big leagues, RIOT! is exactly why we’re still in love with this band – Here’s hoping 2017 gives us that new album we’ve all be so patiently waiting for.
5. August Burns Red – MESSENGERS (19th June 2007)
What a beauty.
6. Mayday Parade – A LESSON IN ROMANTICS (10th July 2007)
This is pure perfection. An album that has most definitely aged well, former Mayday Parade member Jason Lancaster just had the knack for writing absolute gems.
7. Chiodos – BONE PALACE BALLET (4th September 2007)
One that some of you may have forgotten but you might well thank us for the reminder. The high-pitched vocals of Mr Owens was for sure an acquired taste and we’re all for it.
8. The Used – LIES FOR THE LIARS (22nd May 2007)
Thank you The Used for giving us lyrics like “He wears his heart safety pinned to his backpack, his backpack is all that he knows” … Again, yet another band who still to this day in our opinion have the knack of mighty fine songwriting.
9. Four Year Strong – RISE OR DIE TRYING (18th September 2007)
We remember one of our friends first playing us this FYS album back in 2007 and oh how we’re glad she did.
10. Avenged Sevenfold – Self-titled (30th October 2007)
11. Suicide Silence – THE CLEANSING (18th September 2007)
CLASSIC…. Probably our favourite Susi record.
12. Sum 41 – UNDERCLASS HERO (18th July 2007)
Sum 41‘s UNDERCLASS HERO, DOES THIS LOOK INFECTED?, ALL KILLER, NO FILLER – Just three of their albums we will never ever get sick of. We love playing them in the office when we just want to plough on with our work.
13. Enter Shikari – TAKE TO THE SKIES (19th March 2007)
Safe to say Slam Dunk is going to be INSANE this year.
14. Architects – RUIN (25th June 2007)
Are you even an Architects fan if you don’t love RUIN? 😛
15. Whitechapel – The Somatic Defilement (31st July 2007)
What a one to end on. Some of the finest Whitechapel ami right?